Rent in Gunwharf Quays...
Gunwharf Quays is an extremely popular area for renting due to its ideallic and stylish location. This attracts mainly young couples and also working professionals.
Search flats to rent in Gunwharf Quays now.
The centre opened in February 2001 and is located on the site of the former Royal Navy shore establishment. The waterfront overlooks the Gunwharf Quays Marina, which has hosted many national and international sailing events such as the Volvo Ocean Race in summer 2006. The marina accommodates luxurious multi-million pound super yachts and famous tall ships from around the globe. The centre is located close to the Historic Dockyard and "Old Portsmouth". It can be accessed quickly from Portsmouth Harbour railway station and "the Hard" bus interchange, or via a relatively short walk from Commercial Road in the city centre.
There are numerous luxury properties located in Gunwharf Quays ranging from studio apartments to four bedroom townhouses. By far the most requested block is the Number One Gunwharf Quays building, which was designed to resemble a funnel. The Berkeley Group plc was responsible for the development of Gunwharf Quays, which is now owned by Land Securities. The area has also become an extremely affluent residential area of Portsmouth with many luxurious apartment buildings and town houses.
The centre contains 95 designer shopping outlets including Polo Ralph Lauren, All Saints, Kurt Geiger, Le Creuset and Villeroy & Boch. Whether you need home ware, clothing or toiletries you will be sure to find what you need in Gunwharf Quays.
- Pubs, Bars & Clubs – There is a wide selection of places to go for a drink, ranging from old style pubs like The Old Customs House, trendy bars like The Slug and Lettuce, or popular clubs like Tiger Tiger.
- Restaurants - Gunwharf Quays offers the widest selection of restaurants in all of Portsmouth, whether you want a night out for a group of friends or a dinner for two you will be certain to find somewhere that satisfies your hunger!
- Cinema - There is a 14 screen VUE cinema which offers VIP seating, state-of-the-art projection and an effective sound system there is no doubt that Vue Portsmouth provides the best possible cinema experience.
- Casino's - Grosvenor Casino is open to all people aged 18 or over with a valid form of ID, whether you are an experienced card player or a first time gambler the casino offers something for everybody. The Casino also hosts a number of evening events with popular performers and comedians.
- Bowling - Whether you are organising a family outing, a day or night out with friends or an office party, there has never been a better time to enjoy everything Bowlplex has to offer. Bowlplex Gunwharf Quays has 26 lanes of tenpin bowling, full sized American pool tables, the latest arcade games and a late-licensed Bar and Grill serving all of your favourites.
- Portsmouth Grammar School
- Summers Park Junior School
- St. Johns College
- Portsmouth High School
- St. Judes C of E Primary School
- Road - The A3 (M) or M27/A27 connect Portsmouth Harbour with the rest of Britain's motorway network. There is a 1,450 space car park at Gunwharf Quays. Alternatively on Saturday's you can use the Park & Ride.
- Rail - Portsmouth Harbour railway station is next to Gunwharf Quays.
- Ferry - Gunwharf Quays is next door to the cross-harbour, Isle of Wight, and Gosport ferry terminals. The international ferry terminals are also just a short distance away. Gunwharf Quays marina is also open to boats of any shape and size. Hovertravel Ltd runs the fastest cross-Solent passenger service (just 10 minutes) between the Isle of Wight and Southsea. A Hoverbus service meets the Hovercraft at Southsea and arrives at The Hard every 30 mins.
- Bus / Coach - The Hard Bus Interchange is a short walk from Gunwharf Quays, providing direct and easy access for all bus and coach passengers.
Places of Interest...
- The Spinnaker Tower
- The Historic Dockyard
- Gunwharf Quays Shopping Outlet