Rent in Southsea...
Southsea is an extremely popular location due to its beautiful views and coastal area.
Search houses and flats to rent in Southsea now.
Southsea is one of the most visited places in Portsmouth due to its beaches and stunning landmarks. In the summer, people flock to the seafront and the Common to get together and enjoy the relaxed lifestyle. During the summer months there is a free bandstand put on every Sunday (weather permitted) where live music is played, and throughout the year various markets including the ever-popular farmers market which is held along Palmerstone Road precinct. Southsea’s Albert Road is also very popular with the student community, popular for its local events and abundance of vintage boutiques and thrifty craft shops.
Property styles in Southsea include Victorian terraced houses, contemporary apartments and converted town houses.
Despite being a small town Southsea has a thriving commercial area, which includes two national department stores and many other well-known high street chains. It combines these large stores with numerous independent traders, which include charity shops, food retailers and furniture/household goods shops. If you looking for something different Albert road has a range of alternative shops and boutiques along with some new do it yourself workshops.
- Pubs, Bars & Clubs -The Marmion Tavern found on Marmion Road is an old style pub famous for its cheeseboards and relaxed atmosphere, whereas if you choose a slightly livelier evening there is Palmerston Road with bars like The Slug and Lettuce, Drift, Wetherspoons and Hong Kong Charlies, alternatively The Albert Road offers a more casual night which appeals greatly to students with bars like Little Johnny Russells, The Fat Fox and The Wine Vaults.
- Restaurants - There is a great mix of restaurants in Southsea, popular locations are Elm Grove where you will find Rosie’s and Relentless, The Albert Road where there are numerous Indians, a popular Japanese called Sakura, and Osborne Road where there are some stunning Chinese restaurants! If you are looking for a little bit of luxury there is also Michelin star restaurant, Restaurant 27 which is located just off of South Parade.
- Theatre - The Kings Theatre is located on the Albert Road and features many different shows each month.
- Casino's - Grosvenor Casino is open to all people aged 18 or over with a valid form of ID, whether you are an experienced card player or a first time gambler the casino offers something for everybody
- Mayville High School
- Milton Park Junior and Infant School
- St. Johns College
- Portsmouth High School
- Charter Academy
- Road - Use the M275 in to Portsmouth, follow signs for the Seafront and pick up local signs for Southsea. Two town centre car parks and ample parking along Southsea Common only a 2 minute walk from the town centre. Free on road parking around the centre for three hours
- Rail - Portsmouth offers direct services to London (80 mins away) and is well connected to the UK's major cities.
- Ferry - Hovertravel Ltd run the fastest cross-Solent passenger service (just 10 minutes) between the Isle of Wight and Southsea.
Places of Interest...
- Southsea Castle
- Blue Reef Aquarium (Previously the Sea Life Centre)
- Pyramids Centre
- Clarence Pier Funfair and Amusements
- D - Day Museum
- The War Memorial
- Southsea Model Village