Rent in Ocean Village...
Ocean Village is one of the most popular locations in Southampton for people to rent and we have a great selection of flats and apartments to rent in Ocean Village. The area is extremely popular with professionals, corporate companies and also international students. Search properties to rent in Ocean Village now.
About Ocean Village...
If your new to the area, then hopefully you will find our Ocean Village guide helpful:
Ocean Village is a large, mixed-use marina, residential, business and leisure development on the mouth of the River Itchen in Southampton, on the South Coast of England. Ocean Village is currently undergoing a major £70m re-development project and is set to become one of the main leisure destinations in Southampton. Current recreational facilities include two cinemas, cafés, wine bars and restaurants including Banana Wharf and Pitcher & Piano. The recently opened multi-storey car park has space for 776 vehicles.
The shopping scene is dominated by "West Quay Shopping Centre", which when it opened was one of the largest Shopping Malls in Europe, with around 100 shops including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and many more. There are two other shopping arcades, "The Bargate" and "The Mall". Southampton does have a very prominent high street with a very good selection of retailers. West Quay is located in the city centre but is in easy reach from Ocean Village located just 1.3 miles away (10 minute walk).
- Pubs, Bars & Clubs - As with any major City, there is always a very wide choice of Bars & Clubs and Ocean village is no exception, offering stunning views of the marina and popular bars such as Piano and Pitcher and banana wharf situated by the water’s edge
- Restaurants - Southampton doesn't have a shortage of restaurants in ocean village and certainly a wide selection of cuisines ranging from Mexican to an a La Carte menu. Popular restaurants include the Pitcher & Piano, Banana Wharf and Chiquitos. Also part of the development are Merchants Bistro and Tesco Express
- Theatre - The Mayflower Theatre is located in Commercial Road just a 5 minutes drive away from ocean village and offers a wide range of shows.
- Cinema - there are three cinemas in Southampton- two of which are located in Ocean Village. These are Cineworld; which show all the latest film releases and harbour lights picture house- which offers Independent, art-house and foreign-language films.
- Casinos - Gamblers are also spoilt for choice in Southampton. Mint casino is a 2 minute walk from ocean village and offers all of your favourite casino games along with a complimentary buffet every Monday and Tuesday nights.
- Solent University - approx 17,000 Students and the main campus is located just off the High Street. It is a Centre of applied research in design and advanced technology, maritime, fine art, history of collecting, film, media and cultural studies, political and international studies, law and a broad range of business disciplines. Solent University is located just 1.5 miles from ocean village (15 minute walk).
- City College - The largest further education college in Southampton. The college provides a range of courses to students from the local area, including NVQs, BTECs, Apprenticeships, ESOL programmes and Access courses. City College is situated just outside the city centre and is a ten minute walk from ocean village.
- Road - located just off Canute Road
- Rail - The main Central Railway Station is located just off the main City Centre and offers a wide selection of direct routes including London (Waterloo) in approx 1hour 10 min's. The railway is situated 2 miles from ocean village
- Coach - about 1.5 miles to the main coach station
- Bus - First bus Southampton operate from several bus stops in the area
- Ferry - The main Isle of Wight ferry is operated by Red Funnel and sets sail from Town Quay, to Cowes on the Isle of Wight. The red funnel is situated just 5 minutes walk from ocean village. There is a vehicle ferry which docks at East Cowes (approx time 55 min's) and a pedestrian only service that docks at West Cowes (approx time 35 min's) . There is also a small ferry operating between Hythe and Southampton.
- Cruise Ships - Southampton boasts a very large cruise terminal operated by P&O.
- Marine Facilities: The basin, formerly used for commercial vessels including banana boats is deep enough to offer mooring for tall ships and super yachts. The marina provides quick and easy access to the World famous Solent cruising ground.
- Airport - Southampton Airport is approximately 5.3 miles from Ocean village
There are many recent new build flats and developments in and around Ocean Village, the most popular ones being: